5 Regions. Endless Experiences.
Travel today is about embracing experiences that enrich the soul. In the Northwest Territories, we specialize in unique journeys of mind, body and spirit. We offer a variety of original and stimulating activities for today’s discerning travelers. This dramatic land is an unrivaled outdoor playground featuring extraordinary attractions, seasoned operators and a wide range of travel options.
The Northwest Territories has a range of landscapes and seascapes to suit any adventurer.
Choose from five distinct regions:
- Western Arctic - the Arctic Coast and the Mackenzie Delta
- Sahtu - the Mackenzie mountains, the Mackenzie River and Great Bear Lake
- Dehcho – Nahanni and the southern highway network
- South Slave – Great Slave Lake, waterfalls and Wood Buffalo National Park
- North Slave – home to Yellowknife, capital of the Northwest Territories
Want to know more? Explore our regions.